.

.

.

.

Friday 27 March 2015

Handmade embellishments

Hi everyone! Hope you're well.

News this week - I got into the Docrafts Project Design Team! I'm so pleased with myself, and the team have made me feel so welcome. Look out for my makes on docrafts.com!

I'm also going to try my hand at 'vlogging'. Introducing the basics of scrapbooking, including tutorials, some timelapse stuff, and trying out new products and techniques. I've looked at other scrapbook videos, so I know what NOT to do (not explaining what products are being used, not explaining how to do things, etc). I figured I'd put what I'm learning at university to good use to make some videos.

On Wednesday, I may have spent some money ordering myself supplies online. I hope it'll be here today! But in the meantime, I've been making my own embellishments. I was inspired by what came up on my Pinterest feed and I wanted to have a go. It's a great way of using up any off cuts and bits and bobs that have been sitting unused for a while.

Here's a picture of all the embellishments I made -
I only used papers from my 'scraps' folder, and die cut them into circles, plain and scalloped.
I cut up the cover of the Teresa Collins 'Daily Stories' paper/sticker pack, and used the stickers too to make my designs. I tried to pick colours from my scrap folder that co-ordinated with these.
 The black tassel on the top right is from a clothing label. I really do keep everything!

Here are my favourites, close up

The smaller circle here was made by sticking washi tape onto white card and then die cutting it.








Now, to wait in all day for the postman...!

(Edit: Postman brought me nothing but one of those silly Amazon Prime letters.. pfft.)



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous embellishments and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - love all your embellishments, very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming part of the Docrafts DT. These are gorgeous embellishments, so colourful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all your embellishments, so great ideas

    ReplyDelete