.

.

.

.

Saturday 18 April 2015

Sizzix haul!

Had an email to say the Sizzix Mega sale was on...
Had a look and there were a few things I wanted. The postage price of £7 is way too high, but I was saving over £50 on the dies, so I thought, why not?
(Let's just remember that as an eBayer I know that they could have been sent for £2.80. But I digress..)

Here's an unboxing video, and me having a play with the Daylily flower set.

(I found the dies a bit big for my liking, and I'm not sure when I'd use them again, as they're a bit too 3D for use in my scrapbook, so they're up on eBay, if anyone's interested. )

Also, I've been wanting to try out mixed media for a while but haven't because gesso and texture paste is expensive, and if I don't enjoy the technique, it would be a waste of money. So I found a recipe online and made my own gesso. 

I've just bought new shoes (Converse on sale for less than £20!) and they have maps printed all over. Also, at the moment I'm liking a song called (Un)Lost, by The Maine. I thought these two subjects would work well together for a scrapbook page.



I timelapsed making the page (plus making the gesso) so others could see how to make a mixed media layout. 



Products used to make the layout:
My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio cardstock
K&Co border
The Works border
Sizzix Tim Holtz Chevron & Courtyard dies
Bo Bunny pattern stamps
Kaisercraft 36 stamp
Papermania 'All Aboard' 6x6" paper, 'Sew Lovely' border
Prima flowers
American Crafts Thickers
Radiant Rain Mist, blue and red/bronze

Now, I must get back to making some projects for docrafts!










5 comments:

  1. Lovely project and I will find time to look at your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful layout and I love your shoes. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and shoes..... just hopping by....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is a fantastic page the shoes are amazing. Just hopping by. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete