.

.

.

.

Tuesday 3 May 2016

York Layout 'Back To Basics'

Hi all,

Here's a layout I made using pictures I took in York on Valentine's Day... February seems so long ago now. When we went it was a cold day but the flowers were just starting to bloom, crocuses, daffodils, snowdrops and tulips. Beautiful.



I struggled with this layout. I spent an afternoon making a background and I hated it. I wanted to use purple paper but though I've boxes of paper, I didn't have ANY purple. I don't know why. 
So I put the layout aside.
Then I went to The Range and found this... Back To Basics by Trimcraft

They had other colours too and I wish I had got the teal one too but here we are...
I like it because there's a bit of everything in this kit. I don't like buying full packs of the same thing as I never use it all but with this it's just enough to keep the stash topped up. 

I challenged myself to try and use only what came in the pack on my layout, so all I really added was some yellow paper to contrast the purple, plus a button, brads, tag, tape and a 3x4 card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment