.

.

.

.

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Spring || Scrapbook Layout || Dovecraft Painted Blooms

Hi all,

I have a layout to share using the Dovecraft Painted Blooms collection from Trimcraft.
When I first saw the floral stamps (before I got my mitts on them) I knew I wanted to make a layout stamping them over coloured watercolour patches....

Here it is!


When I got my hands on the stamps, this project was the first thing I tried but it took three attempts to get right. The first time, I used cardstock that absorbed the water too well and the second time I used too much paint and the result was a brightly coloured Kandinsky-inspired mess.
Fast forward a couple weeks I had another go. Initially I started out using my 'Artiste' watercolour markers I have from my Docrafts days but a few circles in they decided to stop giving out ink. Instead, I bravely got my Reeves watercolour tubes out and squeezed a tiny bit of my chosen colours onto my clear acrylic block. I painted a circle of water and then dropped in a tiny bit of the paint for each circle. The paint spreads out into the wet area but you can help it along with a brush if you like. Once it was all completely dry I added the stamping.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment