.

.

.

.

Saturday 23 August 2014

Manchester MCM scrapbook pages!

So a few weeks ago we went to Manchester for Comic-Con.
I kept the first page much brighter than the second, though they share a lovely balloon theme.
The first page features one of my favourite pictures ever. A professional photographer asked to take some photos of Sam and Nathan in their steampunk attire and then offered to take one of the three of us together using my camera. 
I wanted to keep this page fun because of how much we enjoyed the weekend. Put the train tickets there too because the conductor was cool and punched our tickets with a teddy-bear punch... made me smile!
I cut out bits of the balloon paper so it overlaps the photo a bit to bring the page together.
Papers: Webster's pages (balloons) and Grace Taylor 'Parisian Chic' scrapbook kit (embellishments are from this too)
Gorjuss memory pockets

This second page features the best photo I took from the weekend and my steampunk shoot with the guys. (Sam had made steampunk guns by painting Nerf guns and they looked really cool!)
I wanted to use just one photo here because often I use three or four and I want to start focusing more on layouts. On that trip I went to Fred Aldhous and picked up some K&Co goodies and told myself I'd use the clock hands for this page... and I remembered!

Papers: Curiousity Corner/Gorjuss
Black lace
Papermania Chronology papers cut with hexagon die, plus Chronology decoupage and embellishments and Madame Payraud sticker
K&Co clock hands (from Flora & Fauna borders set)
Other embellishments from The Works

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment