Monday, 8 June 2015

A new mixed media layout

Yesterday I made a new layout using a lovely photo of my boyfriend, Nathan.
I'm one of those incredibly annoying people who are constantly fiddling with camera settings and taking too long to take photos and then taking a lot of photos... hence why he doesn't look too impressed.
This time I was messing around with 'creative control' on my camera (most bridge cameras have something like this) and used the 'film grain' setting for this photo and it's given a really nice effect.

For this layout I wanted to make it quite vintage and steampunk, so after a base coat of white acrylic I used the gears stencil by Scrapberrys with my home made texture paste. I seem to have got the consistency right now so the gears look really crisp. I sprayed the textured areas with Luminarte spray mist in bronze.
I ripped the edges of the page and inked them with a beige and then dark brown ink for a more aged effect. 
The compass was cut from the background paper and brought forward, it really suited the vintage theme.
For the embellishments I used Kaisercraft Mister Fox and Santoro Willow pieces. 

Now... all my scrapping is up to date for the moment - ish - I'm banking on my next docrafts kit to arrive soon as I have a great idea for another page. 

In the meantime I have more blogs planned and I'll be posting some cards, too. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Epic! He may not be impressed in the picture, but I bet he's impressed with the page! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. U do like a bit of steampunk

    ReplyDelete
  3. should have said "I" do like.....

    ReplyDelete