Saturday, 19 September 2015

Bee Mixed Media Layout

Hi all,

After experimenting with my new Distress Paints I wanted to make a layout using them.

The paper I used is DCWV Text/Photo Solids/Overlay, the plain black paper with a smooth shiny finish - I wanted something strong to hold the paint without any buckling.
To start with I put paint on different pars of the layout and blended the areas together a little with my finger.
I spattered water all over before it was dry, just to see what would happen. After about 5 mins I wiped the water off and it took away the paint that was underneath, leaving the dots you can see in this picture.
Then I used different ink sprays on it and let them drip down.


And here's the layout I came up with. I used the BoBunny papers that came with Cardmaking & Papercraft.
I didn't want to use too much paper and embellishments because I wanted to let the background show.



The frame is Papermania Bellissima painted with the Distress Paints.
The twine is from TKMaxx. It's really thick and lovely to work with.
The flowers are plain purple from Hobbycraft with ink dropped onto them.

And here's a closeup. I made a little shaker element with plastic packaging and sequins.


Thanks for stopping by!

Emily x



No comments:

Post a Comment