.

.

.

.

Saturday 9 July 2016

Feather Cards

Hey everyone,

I've noticed I've been posting a lot of layouts lately... I've had a lots of inspiration and pictures to scrap. I do have some cards that I haven't yet shared that I love, so here they are as a nice change from a million selfies of myself and my too-handsome-for-me boyfriend...!

I've been making some cards with the new Xcut feather dies from docrafts.

I'm not the biggest fan of filigree dies, I think they're overdone and a liiiittle bit silly (tractors? football boots? Really....?) but I love feathers so I had to get these when they came out.

They're a good size but do take a few runs through the die cutting machine which is rather annoying...

I made these using the First Edition Kaleidoscope paper pack by Trimcraft.. I had my eye on it for a long time and then my friend was having a clearout so she kindly sent it to me. :)

On this first one I used my gold Sharpie on the ends of the feathers. (Seriously, if there's one thing you need in your stash it's metallic Sharpies).


And a CAS card. 
I put the dies inside the gate-fold and ran through my machine, I then die cut the feathers (through the reverse of the paper, so the pattern side up fit). I secured with little bits of regular sticky tape.
CAS cards are actually quite difficult, I feel this one is a bit boring, but... maybe that's the point....?


Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

1 comment: