.

.

.

.

Thursday 21 July 2016

Pineapple Tri-Fold Cards!

Hi all,

I was in serious need of inspiration last week so I went to the supermarket all by myself to buy a magazine. (Big step for me! Anxiety really is the b-word). I chose Papercraft Essentials, you may already know that I only buy a magazine if I like the free gift (because magazine content is always a bit hit-and-miss) and I'd had my eye on this one - pineapple stamps, dies and an embossing folder. I'm always on the lookout for something a bit different so this was perfect (the mag isn't that bad either. A bit die-cutting heavy for a magazine that has a sister publication called 'Die Cutting Essentials', but I digress.... )

Here's the cards I made and I'll explain a bit more about them below the picture.


For both cards I used the 'handwritten celebrate' dies by Sizzix. I LOVE them!
The card are made from single sheets of A4 cardstock with lines scored 9.9mm from either side and then a diagonal cut. On each I added washi tape to the top, I like how it leads the eye down the card.

I used a black and gold theme for this card, I think the papers are from a Forever Friends collection by Docrafts that came out last year. The front part of the card is heat embossed. I would like a decent embossing ink though, the docrafts ink pads aren't very good (putting it mildly). The mini ones are better but still not perfect. 



This one is my favourite - I finally managed to get my hands on the First Edition Paradise Crush paper pad! For some reason I could only find it on one place online, so I pounced, it arrived, and I love it. I fussy cut some of the flowers from the paper pad and added them to the plainer papers. The gold paper is not from the paper pad, I just wanted something in there to break up the patterns a little. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx



1 comment: