.

.

.

.

Thursday 28 July 2016

Steampunk Cards using Santoro Willow

Hi all,

Some steampunk cards to share today. 

I made these using the Santoro Willow collection by Trimcraft. I found the collection in The Works really cheap so I bought pretty much everything... these have been on my 'to make' list for a while now and finally I got around to making them and I am so pleased with them. It seems that the best cards are make are always the ones where the images are copyrighted so I can't sell them, which is a shame.

My favourite thing about the collection is actually the packaging... the toppers on both cards are packaging and they are stunning. It's a shame they didn't bring out a few sheets of these toppers or some decoupage - if they exist I haven't seen them and I've run out of packaging now! 

Both cards feature lots of layered papers from the A4 paper pack. I went around the edges of each rectangle with my craft knife to roughen them up and then went around with a brown ink pad to give a more vintage feel. 

On this first one I used glitter glue on the character's dress and some more little dots down the side. It's finished off with some lace, a wooden heart and a metal key. The topper is so beautiful it doesn't need that much else for the card to look stunning. 


This next card has more of a nature theme. I loved the topper but it took up too much space on the card so I cut off one of the trees... the cut off part just fit behind one of the layers of paper so I'm glad I chopped it up. The A4 paper pack came with a sheet of little bits and bobs to cut out so I cut out a heart and a red flower - the red of the flower with the girl's hair and the fox bring the card together.


I photographed these in front of my bedroom wall - the paper is from B&Q and it's metallic - brilliant for photographing any steampunk projects in front of.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

1 comment: