.

.

.

.

Sunday 16 October 2016

'Explore' Mixed Media Layout

Hi all,

A new mixed media layout to share today.


I made the title by stencilling the letters onto the background paper (from Mr Smith's Workshop by docrafts) and colouring them with watercolour pencils. I then took some embroidery thread and stitched around the edge of the letters, matching the colour of the thread to the colour of the watercolour pencils I had used. Here's a closeup


I started off the background by spreading tacky glue across it and sticking down lengths of twine. Once it dried I sprayed the whole think with Dylusions ink spray in Fresh Lime. The glue I had used created a barrier so the ink did not make the page warp (I really ought to get some gesso but I never get around to it...). I also used a Scrapberry's stencil and used the back as a stamp once I'd done the stencilling.
I backed the paper on more Mr Smith and Country Life papers, with strips of those and odd scraps behind that. The tags are by Gossamer Blue (I think). I added some die cuts from an Xcut woodland themed set, there's also a BoBunny flourish there at the bottom. Finally I covered my picture and again sprayed the whole thing with Fresh Lime. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx



2 comments: