.

.

.

.

Saturday 18 February 2017

Nathan's Seat || Scrapbook Layout Using An A4 Photo

Hi all,

I have a scrapbook layout to share today using my new favourite picture ever, Nathan at the top of Arthur's Seat on our recent trip to Edinburgh. 

Seeing it on the train into the city we thought it looked too big to conquer, but after failing to find the smaller looking Calton Hill, we set our sights on Arthur's Seat. 

It was a glorious day, at the bottom it was -4 degrees but the sun was on us on our climb (silly me left my sunglasses in the hotel!), and eventually we made it to the top (I had to keep stopping to get my breath back). I was a bit shaky near the top... and it was very high up. Nathan took some pictures while I had 'five minutes' (a rest!). Then I took out my phone and took this. I love how you can see the city, including the castle. And I love how Nathan is smiling at the camera. That's the most smile you'll ever get! We've never climbed a mountain before but we really enjoyed it. Next time though I think we'll need proper walking gear. I'm sure I'm not the first person ever to climb up in a skirt but I wouldn't recommend it..!


I printed my photo to A4 size (very glad I got a phone with a decent camera - It's bad at everything else but the camera is good!). The paper is 'Hike', from Shimelle 'Go Now Go' and I cut along the triangles at the top and bottom to slide my picture in between.

The embellishments are a real mix. I got the flair from a bookstore in Edinburgh. The title is from a cut apart sheet by Jen Hadfield 'Warm & Cozy', the 'hello world' is OneCanoeTwo 'Hazelwood', and then the rest are just bits and bobs I thought went well with the picture and papers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment