.

.

.

.

Saturday 25 February 2017

Waxwings! || Scrapbook Layout || My Mind's Eye 'Market Street'

Hey everyone,

I have a layout to share today using some of my older stash.

If you don't know what a Waxwing is, they are birds that spend most of their time in Eastern Europe. If the winter weather is particularly harsh over there, they fly west. Occasionally, a few end up here in the UK each year.

This year, they have come over in huge numbers. I really wanted to see some, so I followed the 'waxwings UK' twitter account. A few days later I saw that some had been seen... at the other end of the village! I power walked over there with my boyfriend's camera and saw them in a tree, really high up. The only pictures I got were silhouettes. Got cold and came home. 
The next day, they were reportedly still there so I had another walk and got these great pictures. There were a few other people there with big DSLR cameras and I was there with my little bridge camera..., but when the other people got there, the Waxwings had already flown off.

I was so pleased with my pictures. First, the local park wanted to share them on their Facebook page. Then, the local newspaper asked to share them on their website! I was pretty chuffed. 

Anyway, here's my layout! 


I was really unsure what papers to use for these pictures. Anything pale just made them look dull. Then I found these My Mind's Eye 'Market Street' papers from a couple years ago and they were perfect! I have matching embellishments too (occasionally TKMaxx have some great crafty bargains). I layered up the papers (there's some Project Life cards in the mix too), added my photos and then chose red and yellow embellishments from my stash.

The date stamp is from One Canoe Two 'Hazelwood', it goes right up to 2023! 

Now... as you're reading this I'll be on my way to a very cool place to spend the day with some very cool people I can't wait to meet....! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment