.

.

.

.

Saturday 15 April 2017

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout || First Edition Paradise Crush

Happy Saturday!

I'm back with a new mixed media layout, I think I've finally got my mojo back. This layout is made using the First Edition Paradise Crush paper pad by Trimcraft. If you're one of my American followers then you can now pick up this paper pad (and 'Storyteller') too in Michaels. Funny how we struggle to get our hands on scrap supplies here in the UK, I never think of it being the other way around!

The picture was taken at the BioParc in Fuengirola, Spain. I asked (instructed..) my boyfriend to stand under this huge building so I could take the picture. It's untitled. Not a stylistic decision, I'm afraid, I'm just bad at titles...! 
 Step by step:
1) Take a sheet of coloured, textured cardstock and using an old credit card, paste gesso in the centre of the page. Leave to dry then add a couple more layers, depending on how thick the gesso you're using is.
2) Paint watercolour paint onto plastic packaging and 'smoosh' (press down) on top of the gesso. Repeat on more packaging with co-ordinating colours.
3) Print your photo at 2x3" and mount onto patterned paper.
4) Fussy cut flowers from the paper pad and cut a coloured doily in half.
5) Arrange the cut out items behind the photo in the centre of the page and when you are happy, stick them down.
6) Using a patterned stamp, stamp in co-ordinating colours behind some of the elements of the page.
7) Finish with stickers and adhesive gems.

If you're wondering what watercolours I use, they are by Reeves. I bought them when I was in art school and I still love them. 

Today my family and I are celebrating Christmas. With one thing and another, we never actually had Christmas dinner all together so it will be good to have a catch up with everybody. Fingers crossed no one asks about uni/etc :) :) :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment