.

.

.

.

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Betsy Ann Poole || Scrapbook Layout || My Botanic Garden || Cherish The Memory DT

Hello!

Today I have a layout to share using a photograph of my great-great-grandmother, Betsy-Ann Poole. I was shown the picture when I was at my grandparents' house a couple weeks ago. I took a picture of the picture on my phone - I love to scrap old photographs, and family history really interests me. Not sure why, I think I am just curious.


I recently got on the 'Cherish The Memory' design team, and the 'My Botanic Garden' collection by StudioLight was in my kit and it was perfect for a layout using an old photograph.

This layout may look complicated but it really isn't if you break it up into little steps:

  1. Cover the area behind where you know your picture and ephemera will sit, with gesso.
  2. Use the packaging technique to smoosh co-ordinating watercolours onto the background.
  3. Stamp around the area with a pattern stamp.
  4. Print your photo and mount.
  5. Cut a selection of patterned papers and arrange behind the photo, along with tags and other ephemera. Most of what I used here is from a 12x12" sheet that I cut apart. 
  6. Add more pattern stamping and embellish. 


 I don't think I'd do vintage all the time but it is a nice change when I do do it. I love all the layers and ephemera in this collection - there are die cut and decoupage sheets available as well as the 12x12" papers. You can buy the collections from Cherish The Memory HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

1 comment: