.

.

.

.

Sunday 31 May 2015

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!

Hi everyone!
Went to Whitby with my parents yesterday - a lovely sunny day.
Got some great pictures - thanks to my polarising filter and the 'expressive' mode on my camera. I'm using that mode for everything now, particularly craft projects - it makes the colours really 'pop', whereas on automatic mode it all seems a little washed out.

Today I've been making a mixed media layout. It's a double page spread. So I had to get messy twice. Here's the background of the first page.

Thankfully I got less messy on the second background, which I have recorded and is in a video at the bottom of this post. 

I'm always stuck for titles and don't always want to fall into the trap of Thickers Every Time. So I used lengths of jute ribbon instead.

 I just mounted my photos onto jute squares (from Poundland! Haha). I left 3 squares without photos, and instead used the Wind & Waves Hot Off The Press embossing folder on some textured card.
In Whitby there's a little market and from there I bought a little bag of tiny shells and I painted some and stuck them onto my layout.


Aaaaand here's the timelapse video - I hope you like! 



Until next time..!






8 comments:

  1. Fabulous backgrounds and loving the layouts.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous , love the colours and design
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inventive use of jute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vid Emilie , love the layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, fab colours and great layout. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emilie the background and layouts are fantastic. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages...Love the background....great colours and layout....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant background and layout. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete