.

.

.

.

Saturday 20 August 2016

Love Always Scrapbook Layout

Hi all,

A new layout to share today.

Lately I've been using a lot of things I was sent through winning competitions etc. Not necessarily things I would have chosen myself but I enjoyed using them nonetheless. But sometimes, you have to treat yo'self and order some things you absolutely adore. I was browsing the Hey Little Magpie site last week and I placed an order. One of the collections I ordered from was the Love Always collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. They are my favourite scrapbooking brand and this collection is stunning. I got a cut apart sheet, a pack of die cut ephemera, a pack of little bits and bobs like buttons, sequins, bows, and then a cardstock sticker sheet.

I came up with this, using a selfie Nathan and I took at a posh family dinner last weekend.


I'm sure you're wondering...
Where the hell did she get that background?!

Well let me tell you... I painted it. 
I was just browsing on Facebook and I saw someone had done an art journal page with these huge flowers... so I had a go in my Moleskine and came up with this. I've learnt to always have a practise before doing something on a sheet of 12x12", I get so mad if I ruin a sheet! I scribbled purple gelato onto an acrylic block and picked it up with a wet brush and painted it, then drew in the middle with some pink gelato and went over the top with brush marker and my silver Sharpie. 

Great! I was so happy with how it turned out, so then I got a sheet of 12x12" and drew out the flowers properly. As you may know I'm a perfectionist so out came the compass and I drew circles where I wanted the flowers to be so the petals were even. In those areas I used the packaging technique with an aqua gelato (scribble onto packaging, use a wet brush). Once it dried I tried what I had done before with the purple and pink gelatos. 
You know what?
I absolutely hated it. (The aqua colour showed through the pink and purple and it was a mess! Even after going around it with my brush marker.)
So much so that I shut the door on it for the night, annoyed that I'd wasted a lovely smooth sheet of quality cardstock. 
But in the morning I tried something different. White and a little crimson acrylic paint, and then stripes of pure white down each petal. I love the colour and it looked pretty with the black brush marker. I spattered the centre of each with spray ink.


Once the paint dried I added some sequins, from the 'Life Is Beautiful' collection also by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx


5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily this is a stunning page I love the flowers and the photo of the two of you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - love the colours you've picked :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout and those painted flowers are fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout Emily and I love the sequins around your flowers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete