.

.

.

.

Monday 25 April 2016

More Than Words Mini Challenge 'Fly'

Hi all

Just a quick post to share my entry for the More Than Words Mini challenge this month. Entry is via their Facebook page but I wanted to share with my blog followers too as this make is probably my favourite thing I've ever made - before my mixed media pieces have fallen short of my expectations but this piece is everything I intended it to be.


The word that had to be included on the piece is 'fly', so to start with I chose this chipboard sticker by My Mind's Eye. I had originally die cut a cardstock tag but I wanted some extra dimension and texture so I also die cut the tag from adhesive cork board and stuck this to the cardstock. I die cut a birdcage from kraft cardstock too and stuck this half- onto the cork.
Then I used yellow, blue and viridian green acrylic paint on the tag. 
I painted a MDF geocluster (from Things To Alter) in yellow, several layers so it was nice and bright. Once this dried I added metallic blue and green areas of gelato, plus some on the background too, before stick down the shape. 
I added flowers, an owl charm and the sentiment before flicking watered down white acrylic paint across the whole tag. I finished it off with three areas of glass beads stuck down with matte medium.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx


5 comments:

  1. Fab looking tag. I love the owl charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so fab, love the colours you have used and I love my geoclusters as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag and love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous. Loving all the elements x

    ReplyDelete