.

.

.

.

Saturday 9 April 2016

Star Wars Layout

Hi all,

On our recent visit to London we went to the Disney store and they had a life size replica of the Speeder from the new Star Wars film that you could climb onto and have your picture taken.
Nathan hates his picture taken but this time he wanted it taken!

I wanted to create a mixed media, grungy look with this layout.
I die cut the title, but it's a bit wonky 'cause when you get the letters perfect... you put the top part of the sandwich down to put it through the machine and it moves the letters! Grrr...
The title is a quote from the new film, I haven't seen it so I had Nathan go through the quotes from the film on IMDb and find me something relevant to the picture...
The background is made by mixing orange and brown acrylic paint and sprinkling cinnamon on top and letting it dry.
(I got the idea from Katie)
I changed the technique a little by adding in copper metallic paint to the top layer of paint, and then when it was all dry I found some teal shimmery eyeshadow and rubbed a little over the textured areas to look like it was oxidized.


For the gears I painted some cardboard copper (I wanted them to stand out) and die cut it. It took a good few runs through my Xpress but I got there in the end...!

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily xx

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant picture, great layout. Love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great grungy layout, and very interesting to read how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete